Short History: Originally, Bar Code Born started off in 2001 as Barbie’s Gun as a 3 piece band. Due to Lawsuit threats by Mattel Inc. the band name changed since they could not afford an appropriate lawyer to tackle Mattel Inc. The band then changed to “Bar Code Born” and added an additional member and started doing shows in outlying cities in Buffalo , southern tier and of course well known places in Rochester NY. Along the way the band opened up for Lava Atlantic Band, Grade 8, received a recording contract offer from Jet Speed Records and a songwriting award from the Unisong International Songwriting Competition. Currently, the band is a one man band project (the vocalist/guitarist & sole songwriter) focusing on songwriting, artistic liberty and potential label, radio or management interest exploration.
- “We’ll do everything we can to help you guys out; you have a cool band with tons of potential.” -Jarrod Montaque (the drummer of Taproot on Atlantic Records)
- “Good melodies and intelligent lyrics with in-your-face rhythm guitars.”-Suzanne Glass (Indie-Music.com)
- Award winning songwriting (Unisong International Songwriting Competition)
- Featured on major television station WROC news channel 8.
- Received a grant from the Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester.
- Received recording contract offer from Jet Speed Records.
- Was ranked at one time a top ten NYS alternative/punk band on Broadjam.com.
- Opened up for Lava/Atlantic Records recording artist “Grade 8.